Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Portfolio





Agenda:
1) Have either one of my parentals to know what I will be presenting to them, and tell them what I need out of them.

2) Go to my portfolio.   URL- http://www.wix.com/frishday/katie-lands-portfolio

3) Then, present it to them in my own words and understandings of I want to.

4) Lastly, when I'm done let either of of them comment on this and answer the questions that needs to be done, and make sure they know what to do.


My Own Reflection:
Within this semester that is now coming to an end, since it's done with 2nd quarter. I have learned a lot of things, not only that I have learned some from the previous years, but I learned a lot just with in these short amount of times so far. I have learned many different ways of writing in topics, such as in the "Root's & Recipe's Essay" it's about your own families tradition so you need to explain and give in good details about my recipe which was the cake. Next, "Quote & Commentary" it helps me to organize my way in writing different types of essays. Also, the outside reading card, shows my understanding with the book and connection to it, also creativity in creating the card based on that book I've choose, and wanted to really and truly read. Lastly, the "Querencia Essay" it helped me to learn more about the inner me, of where I love to be and with who, it gives in word choice and specific details in explaining about my place, where I'm able to go on and on since I love. I can go on and on of what I learned but now, for the work that I have learned I feel that I am okay with it, but I need to work harder and do much better so that I am able to get a much better grade in this class because I have faith in myself that I can do better. My goals so that I am able to achieve this, is by always asking for help to comprehend what needs to get done and do my absolute best in all work and study to have confidence in getting there, because then I know that it would pay off.


Now, from this parentals could you please comment on this blog as a part of my grade. Thank You!

1) What did you like best about my sharing of my Portfolio, and why?

2) What do you think I could work on for next quarter, and what standard do you feel that  I am doing well on?

3) Did you like this way of me sharing my portfolio to you, or would you prefer the way it's in a binder and shown/ presented.? Be specific and detailed.

Here you go, some questions for you. :) I hope that you were paying attention.
Now,  go head and comment . Ty for your support and time.

Pics, of my mom reading and commenting on my portfolio.




1 comment:

  1. 1) I like the effects and also ideas and organization of this portfolio. Your explanation makes it easier to understand where you're coming from. Also the quote and commentary helps you to write different types of essays and the Querencia essay to find the inner you and have many word choices.
    2) I think you can work on time management and trying to prepare ahead giving you time to produce quality work and not feel stressed when there is a deadline on a project especially when you're involve in extracurricular activities or sports. I really like your ideas and explanation of words and being organize.
    3) I prefer this way of you showing me and presenting the portfolio right in front of me that's why I noticed and enjoyed your picture, the color and the font of your title. Also, I enjoyed the brief autobiography of yourself.
    sign by Kaitlyn's mom Vanessa

    ReplyDelete


Don't Wish, Make it happen =)